Wednesday, February 18, 2009




I am a New Zealander. I am "political". These terms aren't mutually exclusive.




Love political cartoons, even when I don't "get it". Haven't really been paying attention to any news, apart from local gossip - the only "real" news. Did John Key get beaten up or something and is Bill English taking over control? Don't watch the news or read anything ever aye, too busy listening to hot new beatz (heard the new "black dice" yet? fucking rad) attending art openings, making my new album, having sex with hot babes that want to feel my authenticity/penis.



I utilise social networking sites now only to express my politics, don't want to "share the Facebook experience" anymore, just want to get really involved in changing the world/new zealand/chch.




Facebook is the best possible medium for political action. It is the only medium. Where were you before Facebook? Probably on Myspace, eagerly awaiting an all pervasive social networking site which can use all yr details and probably sells them to companies as market research. (Maybe) 





I am passionate and proactive about Blackout Political Cause. This law may hurt me. I'm all for Palestine destroying Israel or Zimbabwean independence or whatever, but the fact that I may have to refrain from breaking copyright law really pisses me off. This won't be like the time I bought that rad Palestinian scarf because James Grant wore one in the video for Pop Eats Pop--this time I mean it. I'm so pissed I'm going to change my facebook avatar black.

Q: How will my bros who aren't yet facebook friends with me find me if they can't spell my name properly?

A: They won't. We're making real sacrifices here. Our friend counts may stagnate for the time being.

But as Ghandi said:

"First they ignore your facebook photo, then they ridicule your facebook photo, then they fight your facebook photo, then you win." - Mahatma Ghandi

(http://creativefreedom.org.nz/blackout.html).


No comments: